3 Great CBD Recipes
For some, taking CBD or cannabidiol means popping a capsule or using an oil tincture. Others prefer edibles like gummy bears. But you can also cook with CBD too. CBD does have a strong taste, even when infused with essential oils, but when cooked inside a yummy dish, you’ll reap the health benefits while indulging in a tasty snack or dessert. You don’t have to be a chef either to cook with CBD. Cooking with CBD is easy and fun, and you’ll amaze your guests with your culinary skills.
One of the best parts about cooking with CBD is that you can add it to almost anything if incorporated correctly. You can add it to delectable desserts, salads, and even cocktails. Below you’ll discover five delicious CBD recipes sure to be a hit at any time of the year.
CBD Night Time Cocktail
Now, who doesn’t love a good cocktail? CBD cocktails are easy to make. Simply add a dab of CBD to transform a cocktail into a healthy concoction. CBD isn’t psychoactive, so you don’t have to worry about making the cocktail stronger. CBD Sangria uses red table wine or grape juice and lots of fresh fruits. You can make your CBD Sangria with or without alcohol and still reap the benefits.
CBD Sangria Recipe
For this recipe, traditional fruits like apples and oranges are best, but you could switch the fruits during the summer with berries like strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries for a seasonal twist. If you choose to use wine, a Spanish red wine like Tempranillo or Garnacha are good choices.
2 apples, diced into chunks
1 orange, diced into chunks
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 bottle of red wine Spanish wine or 750 ml of grape juice
¼ cup of brandy
½ cup of orange juice
25 mg concentrated CBD oil or CBD isolate/distillate
- Chop all the fruits and place them in a large pitcher
- Add the lemon juice, wine or grape juice, brandy, and orange juice
- Add the CBD oil
- Mix thoroughly and chill for 1-2 hours before serving
CBD Warmed Bacon Salad
Anything with bacon is sure to be a hit. Anything with bacon and CBD is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. This salad is excellent as an appetizer or a main meal if you add a protein. Since the dressing is warm, you’ll have to time it or prepare and warm again before serving.
1 bag of spinach
8 slices of bacon
1 red onion
6 white button mushrooms
2 tsps of sugar
4 tbsp of vinegar
20 mg of CBD oil
½ tsp dijon mustard
Pinch of salt
- Place the eggs in a pan and cover them with water. When the water boils, turn off the heat and cover for 10 minutes. When the eggs are done, cover with ice to cool them. The ice will also make peeling them later easier.
- Cut bacon in half and fry in a pan. Collect three tablespoons of bacon grease and set aside. Fry until crispy but not burned.
- Next, remove one to two more tablespoons of bacon grease from the pan and add to a clean pan.
- Thinly slice the onion and add to the pan. Cook until soft and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms and add to the same pan. You can add another tablespoon of bacon grease. Cook until soft and set aside.
- Now, it’s time to make the dressing. In a pan on low heat, add the sugar, vinegar, and bacon grease and whisk mix ingredients together. At the end, add the CBD oil. You don’t need to cook the CBD oil.
- Next, add the dijon mustard and a pinch of salt. When thoroughly warmed, the dressing is done.
- The eggs should be cool. Now peel and slice them.
- Roughly chop up the bacon.
- Place the spinach and bacon in a bowl. Drizzle the salad dressing over the spinach and bacon. Top with onions and mushrooms. Enjoy!
CBD Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
When it comes to CBD oil, nothing combines better than chocolate. Okay, maybe chocolate and peanut butter. The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to make. You don’t have to worry about measuring flour or even add an egg. It is super delicious and sure to please everyone.
1 box of chocolate cake mix
15 oz of Greek Yogurt
¼ cup of water
5 tablespoons of peanut butter
2 cups of frozen whipped topping
20 mg of CBD oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Pour the chocolate cake mix in a bowl. Add the Greek yogurt and water. Mix completely.
- Spray a muffin pan lightly with oil
- Scoop out about 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into each muffin spot
- Bake for 30-35 minutes
- Mix whipped topping with peanut butter and CBD oil
- Completely cool muffins and top with whipped topping
How to Cook With CBD
When it comes to cooking with CBD, you might be wondering if there’s any tips or tricks. The quality of the CBD matters. Look for full-spectrum CBD oil for the best flavor. Also, it’s common for CBD tinctures to have essential oils like lavender. When cooking you’ll want one without the flavorings unless it adds to your dish.
CBD oil doesn’t react well when cooked. It’s better to add it to sauces or marinades at the end. One thing to keep in mind is never to cook CBD oil on high heat. As a CBD chef, you’ll also want to think about whether the CBD recipe might make people sleepy. Not all CBD does have this effect on people, but it’s something to keep in mind when making the dish.
One more consideration is to use a CBD isolate over full spectrum CBD. A CBD isolate is pretty much tasteless while full spectrum CBD does have a distinct flavor.
Regardless of what recipe you use with CBD, you’ll be sure to amaze your guests with your culinary wizardry and concern for their health. CBD has many health benefits, and one of them is making food taste oh so good.